Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rumance...

I did not spell ROMANCE wrong but wanted to combine one of my favourite poets Rumi and Romance..and coin the word "Rumance"..

Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Balkhī , also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī and popularly known as Mowlānā but known to the English-speaking world simply as Rumi, was a 13th-century Persian poet,theologian and Sufi mystic.
Here are a few of Rumi's best for just a little sample..you will definitely want to read more..

The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.
From Essential Rumi
by Coleman Barks

When I am with you, we stay up all night,
When you're not here, I can't get to sleep.

Praise God for these two insomnias!
And the difference between them.
From Essential Rumi
by Coleman Barks

I have phrases and whole pages memorized,
but nothing can be told of love.
You must wait until you and I
are living together.
In the conversation we'll have
then...be patient...then.
From Essential Rumi
by Coleman Barks

Suggested Reading :Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing by Rumi

"Rise" in love ,don't "fall" in love...Life is always more beautiful when unconditional love is part of it ..I hope all of you find the "love" of your lives..